How old are you? (this will help you read and understand it better)
For people below 10 years old
Everytime we use electricity (turning the lights on, using a computer for a long time etc.), we give out nasty little things called CO2 (carbon dioxide). Carbon dioxide (car-bun-d-I-ox-side) goes up into the air and causes a lot of trouble. It traps so much heat that the earth starts getting warmer. The winters won’t be so cold, and the summers will be very hot. It can dry up water and make you feel sweaty and icky, and totally annoys you. Nobody likes that! After some time, it may make you fall sick because the heat will get too much. So how do you stop it? Click here to find out!
For people above 10 years old
Global warming is a huge problem in day to day life. But what is it? Everytime we use electricity or burn fossil fuels, we emit carbon (CO2) emissions. These emissions enter our atmosphere and traps heat. At some point, it was good for us. The carbon layer pretty much protected us from another ice age. But now, there is too much carbon in the air, because of humans. The extra carbon fumes actually trapped so much heat that the climate has changed. Hence, the term Climate Change (aka global warming). The winters won’t be so cold, and the summers will be very hot. The levels can get dangerously high and is unhealthy living conditions for us. So how do you stop it? Click here to find out!
What We Can Do
- Turn off the lights when not in use.
- Switch to Solar Power (sun powered electricity)
- Don’t waste water or food.
- Eat locally produced food.
- Take a bicycle to local places instead of cars and motorbikes.
- If you use a car, switch to CNG instead of petrol.
- Plant as many trees as you can.
- Get an air purifier if the smog (smoke+fog) in your area is high.
- Reduce your screen-time. The computer also emits CO2!
- Recycle paper.
For more ways to help out, do an eco-task everyday! Here is a link to our project site – https://goo.gl/4H6Mbn – select ‘Eco Tasks’ from the menu header for your task and to find out more!